Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chicken Biryani ..Luch time:-)

Chicken biryani – Malabar ishtyle.


Finally i tried my hand in making Chicken Biryani Kerala Ishtyle ....:-)..It was an experiment but to tell you the truth i loved it . Even my mom and dad loved it..:-)

I would like to thank my Mom for helping me in making this experimental dish for my family

Once you have made biryani you will see that it is more of a method than exact measure ( except for cooking the rice).

Here are some pictures to get you inspired.

Cooking the rice:

Soak the rice in water for 30min or so prior to cooking. Drain off the water.

Add ghee( a must for authentic taste), cloves, cardamon and cinnamon. Add the rice. Stir well. Add water and salt. ( For 3 cups of rice, I used 5 3/4 water). Cook covered. When all water is evaporated, shut off the flame and keep covered for a few more minutes. In the meanwhile avoid stirring. You can fluff with a fork after it has finished cooking

.basmati-rice-cooked.jpg

Cooking the chicken

chicken-biryani.jpg

Layering the rice and chicken

biryani-layers.jpg



Also fry onions, raisins and cashews.

Bake for 15- 20 minutes.

Serve warm with raita ,curd , achar .

biryani-plated.jpg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks very tasty :)